Old Westinghouse Westing Arc aluminum mig welder.with spool gun
My dad bought this Westinghouse welder i thought in 1965 but i found dates of June 1966 on it. He bought it when the local GM plant opened to weld the car carrier aluminum ramps to load the cars. I have read on a site where Airco (AEC 200) had the first aluminum spool gun and had the patient on it. I found on Millers site a lady in the 40's holding the same gun AEC 200 with Miller Mig wrote on it. My Westinghouse gun is different and i thought it was an early version of the AEC 200 (Airco). But i found tonight Westinghouse had a patient on it in 1965 so my dads 1966 would be right in order. His spool gun is numbered 127 with the 1966 date code. I am planning on getting it in better working order which it still does work. I am also going to do a small conversion on it with the mig gun tips since the parts for that gun are so expensive but keep the orig Westinghouse parts in a box. I told my wife i was going to put the welder in the corner of my living room and make a table with it but i decided to use it instead. More pics to come. I did find a Hobart version of the same gun which says Portable Hand Gun on the sticker. Maybe thats where the slogan Handi Welder that they use now comes from...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by: