New To Me Milling Machine
its inside the shop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
Interesting little knee mill Jack. When you said "Its missing the head assembly" I didn't realize you meant head assembly internals.
I imagine sourcing the parts, if available, would be pretty costly.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I'm looking for a replacement head for the small mill. Or a head for a bigger mill and then transplant the Franken-Mill head on the Atlas/Clausing column/knee assembly and install the larger head on the Brideport. In the mean time, I transplanted a drill press head on the Atlas/Clausing and now own a Franken-Drill.

This is a bolt together adaption, so I really haven't damaged or ruined anything, I also kept all of the removed parts, for future needs if they arise.

I will be using the Franken-Drill starting Monday, as I have to completely rebuild a 1000 hp gas ring for a boiler in a milk plant.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
Greetz from another boiler-fixer! Smile

And is that a Linux penguin?

Someone said there were two of us on the planet. I didn't believe it until now. Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   linux_xp-small.jpg (Size: 9.47 KB / Downloads: 60)
Thanks given by:
Yesterday, I worked on get the spindle perpendicular to the table.

Today, I cleaned up the table, pumped the oil ports full of way oil and adjusted all of the gibs. I'm very surprised, based on the units age, how tight and clean it actually is.
jack
Thanks given by: