Need a project
I'd say #3 is a boring or internal threading tool. A flip side pic. might clear that up.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I'm with Steve on this one. The tools are turned to produce a 60° profile (or whatever the thread calls for) and then the top is milled flat giving you your cutting edge. In use, the top is stoned and the tool rotated as required.

Someone did post a thread on here about one they made but I don't feel like fighting with the search feature on her...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I agree, No.3 three appears to be a Bokum internal threading bar. A picture of the cutting edge in profile would confirm that.

The boxes of Komet carbide inserts are for Komet insert drills. I've never seen those with the high positive chipbreaker (top form geometry) before, but depending upon greade they could well be made for drilling aluminium.

The tools in the last photos of your first posting of photos is a beautiful set of counterbores with interchangeable pilots. They are primarily used to counterbore drilled holes to accept and sink the heads of socket head cap screws, though there are other uses.
Thanks given by:
Thanks again guys, im learning a lot :)
Ah, counterbores.. nice. Gotta go out and make something.
ironman, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2014.
Thanks given by:
Im slow at progressing these days since the spring came early (wife tells me to fix this and that all the time..). But i have tried a little bit of milling, just for the try of it. Just making slots etc.
But, i found a project for myself. Had forgot, but i need some footpegs for my almost finished Harley-project Big Grin
That will require using both the lathe and the milling machine.
Thanks given by:
When I get a new employee , I do the same thing that was done to me , which is this : I hand them a piece of aluminum and instructions to make it square , it's not as easy as it sounds , but it will teach you things about your machine .
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
I have tried a little bit :) Made one axle plate for a ladderbar, it came out pretty good actually. Also tried the lathe and made som spacers in brass for my Harley.
Thanks given by: