Log Splitter
Mine gets lubed with ice, snow, and a sprinkling of dry lube in the form of tree bark!

I try to do that periodically. Rotfl 

Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by:
I use graphite for that kind of thing. The stuff I have is in a liquid carrier, is very fine, and makes a huge mess if you get it on yourself. The graphite particles are so small that they soak into your skin leaving a kind of tattoo. Takes days to wash it all off. But it works well, and one tiny (3 oz?) bottle has lasted me for years.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
We did a couple of perforating jobs in high temperature steam flood oil wells. We used HMX explosives and had to use graphite in an alcohol carrier to lube the threaded connections. The engineers were worried about petroleum based lubricants gassing off and affecting the charges.
Your right about it, absolutely impossible to wash off.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I can get graphite powder, but I'm not going to use it ................. like you say makes such a mess.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Gave the parts of the pusher a quick spray with acid etch primer from a rattle can.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Well ................... found out the wedge is sharp Big Grin 

Just wondering if I should go for a blood transfusion  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Enduring extreme pain and severe blood loss  I carried on Big Grin  Big Grin   Big Grin

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Looking good Dave and the colours are much better than on the drawings. Now, lets see it in action...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: DaveH
The colour is just a black etch primer, not sure on the overall colour yet.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nice clean design Dave. Hold off on the transfusion, you might better use it when you get working the splitter.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: DaveH