Log Splitter
The tank is vented, your always going to get condensation.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2014, 04:53 PM)f350ca Wrote: The tank is vented, your always going to get condensation.
I was wondering where the water came from, thanks Greg
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2014, 02:40 PM)DaveH Wrote: is this water...if so where does it come from.

The combination of hydrogen and oxygen atoms in a 2:1 ratio Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2014, 08:15 PM)Mayhem Wrote: The combination of hydrogen and oxygen atoms in a 2:1 ratio Big Grin

Nah - can't possibly be true - two gasses make a liquid. If it is made up of hydrogen and oxygen then why do we have all this oxygen and hydrogen floating about Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Because Helium is too expensive? 17428

Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
The tank on my splitter is 30" x 6" x4" equalling approx. 12 Liters if you include the filter. It may be undersize compared to the theoretical recommendation but performs well, doesn't get too hot (my opinion) and the fluid still looks clean as new.
Most of my splitting is done at the higher speed, lower pressure of my 2 speed pump and only drops to low speed high pressure for brief periods when knots and twisted grain come into play.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: DaveH
I have a question for you Steve.
I was asked why am I pushing the wood against the wedge, as apposed to pushing the wedge into the wood. ie why isn't the wedge on the ram?

I have no idea I just copied what you did, so why are WE doing it this particular way. Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, one reason I push the log into the wedge is because the two pieces end up on the "tray" just at and past the wedge.

Many pieces I split require more than one split and it's easier to bring 'em back without having to bend over and pick 'em up to do so.

Another reason is, I don't want the piece on my side falling onto my feet 'cause that's right about where they would go.

And finally, Some larger or recalcitrant pieces won't split completely in two, so, I can back up the ram without dragging the piece back and then have to lever or beat it off the wedge thereby falling on my feet.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve. I knew there would be some "method in your madness" Thumbsup
I didn't really think about it, I saw what you did and did it the same Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nah, he's the same as me, mostly madness in the method.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: