Log Splitter
That is one of the reasons I love three phase motors. Easy to reverse with a cam switch, can switch directions without having to let the motor slow/stop and much better balanced than a single phase motor.

I've never lived in a house without three-phase and I don't intend to either.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to have 3 phase, I've tried - no chance. They use to allow it 30 odd years ago but now for residential properties only for special purposes.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Ask them what could be more special than a log splitter Dave!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
An 'Iron Lung' that would be for a special purpose or some other medical reason.
They just seem very opposed to supply 3 phase to homes now days. Shame really.
I agree my log splitter should be special enough Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2014, 10:48 AM)DaveH Wrote: An 'Iron Lung' that would be for a special purpose or some other medical reason.
They just seem very opposed to supply 3 phase to homes now days. Shame really.
I agree my log splitter should be special enough Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave,

Tell them your wife needs the log splitter for physical therapy.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-28-2014, 06:54 PM)DaveH Wrote: Ed,
It is a 3 phase motor 220/380v, the inverter comes with a 100 page 'operation manual' looks to me it as it was written by a space man 17428
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
I hear ya Dave, I too am trying to "translate" the chinglish manual that came with my VFD. 17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
here's a link to the manual that I think is correct used the info on the front of the drive in the picture that Dave posted to locate it with, its in plain english unlike most of the chinese manuals that I've seen.

For the wood splitter I would input all the motor data for the motor that you have and do the quick start start up,

Nice looking inverter

DA

http://www.cyberma.cz/sites/files/GD10%20manual.pdf
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2014, 07:45 AM)dallen Wrote: here's a link to the manual that I think is correct used the info on the front of the drive in the picture that Dave posted to locate it with, its in plain english unlike most of the chinese manuals that I've seen.

For the wood splitter I would input all the motor data for the motor that you have and do the quick start start up,

Nice looking inverter

DA

http://www.cyberma.cz/sites/files/GD10%20manual.pdf

Thanks DA,
It is a 'plug and go' all I have to do is connect the inverter to the mains, and the motor to the inverter and off it should go.
I was just looking how to put in a STOP & START push button. Only because the one that was demonstrated to me had a start and stop button.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
hope the manual helps and that it was for your inverter, they are really pretty simple to wire up, some of them are hell to get put into the program mode but thats mostly the high end ones like Allen Bradley.

DA

Thanks given by:
the information that your looking for on remote start stop starts on page 33 of the manual that I linked to and continues onto pages 34 35 and I think 36 but the main pages for parameter setting and wiring are 33 34 35.

DA

Thanks given by: