Building an Aligator
"Coffee" and "Lunch".
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
(05-25-2014, 01:06 PM)stevec Wrote: Greg, would the two whistles be of different pitch signalling different horrific things about to happen? Rotfl

Probably Sh** and OH Sh**
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
The project continues. Found a sawmill that had white oak for the bottom planking and skids. Now looking for a planer mill to do a ship lap edge.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2014, 10:20 PM)f350ca Wrote: Now looking for a planer mill to do a ship lap edge.

Greg, are you looking through YOUR shops? Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2014, 05:50 AM)stevec Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 10:20 PM)f350ca Wrote: Now looking for a planer mill to do a ship lap edge.

Greg, are you looking through YOUR shops? Rotfl

Could be. I think I have one somewhere, just can't put my finger on it. Or was that at your shop.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I guess this is now a serious project.
Bill bought the white oak and had it milled with a ship lap edge for the bottom, thats the stack to the right. Under the 2x4s to the left is 2x6 white oak for the skids and internal frame work.
Went down this morn and Bill and I started laminating the sides, 2x4 spruce stacked on the flat, with butyl caulking between. The sides are 28 feet long with a taper front and back to give 18 feet on the bottom.
[Image: IMG_1262.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Got a couple of hours in at the boat this morning. Tom and I made good progress. This side has all the 2x4s in place, still two layers of 2x6 white oak to go on the bottom and the ends, after they're cut to shape.

[Image: IMG_1281.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
How cool is this project Jawdrop

Rob
Thanks given by:
Got another day at the Alice May.
Second side spiked together.[Image: IMG_1303.jpg]

Quality control checking things out.
[Image: IMG_1306.jpg]

The prow angle cut.
[Image: IMG_1315.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good project lads Thumbsup Drool God knows how much that oak would cost in the UK Chin but would not be cheap I bet .
Keep up the good work.

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by: