Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
Ed, Willie,
On the apex of the 'V' there looks to be a flat or rounded off. Can you please say if it is rounded or flat and a rough idea of the size - just roughly will be fine. Thanks.

I keep having a look at machining this 'V' ............ think I'm going back to the vice and the rotary table.Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
3mm flat (roughly) Smiley-eatdrink004

Willie
Thanks given by: DaveH
Thanks Willie.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I've made the guide posts and bushes, I'm serious thinking of screwing the guide posts in to the base. Smiley-dancenana Will certainly save screwing them up by welding RotflRotflRotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave, can you tilt the head on your mill and just clamp the die flat on the table. Here I had to make a jig to hold these rails, they were too long to do in one pass.
[Image: IMG_0598.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hi Greg,
Unfortunately the head doesn't tilt Slaphead
Seems your mill would do it very nicely Smile I just have to get me and the bit of metal there Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(06-20-2014, 11:27 AM)DaveH Wrote: A couple of tilting tables would be nice Thumbsup which I haven't got Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

I would send you mine Dave if not for two problems.
1) I only have one of them.
2) I'm sure you could buy your own for less than the cost of shipping. Yikes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(06-21-2014, 05:35 AM)DaveH Wrote: Hi Greg,
Unfortunately the head doesn't tilt Slaphead
Seems your mill would do it very nicely Smile I just have to get me and the bit of metal there Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Sure, come on over.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I didn't do anything on the press brake to day. I know very disappointing Big Grin
I have a good excuse, guy down the road was cutting a tree down - Free wood Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana Smiley-dancenana
so I spent the afternoon collecting wood. Smiley-dancenana
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Pressed in and welded the guide shafts. I made them slightly different to swagoffroad I stepped the end down from 20mm to 16mm (10mm long), so that I had a shoulder to register on, just helped to make sure they were square.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: