Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
I bought this press years ago after my old one was unable to remove a bearing race and split a seal trying . This one is electric/hydraulic with a substantial storage tank so it won't give up . But it will do a lot of damage if you let it get away ,it once made a large hole in the old oven used for powder coating , due to a lack of precaution on my part . (Hurry up) and break something is the what this machine wants to do if you don't watch it very closely .
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 08:47 PM)tackit Wrote: Beautiful job Dave
Thanks tackit
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 12:51 AM)kenne Wrote: what this machine wants to do if you don't watch it very closely .

In this case, "watch it very closely" while generally advisable, sounds suicidal Yikes.
Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
waiting to see the pictures of the beast, place I used to work at way back had a couple horizontal 800 ton presses they used to press gears on to shafts for oil well pumping unit gear boxes.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:

(07-03-2014, 07:31 AM)dallen Wrote: waiting to see the pictures of the beast, place I used to work at way back had a couple horizontal 800 ton presses they used to press gears on to shafts for oil well pumping unit gear boxes.

DA

Here is the press we are talking about , it is an old one , but a good one . Takes care of all of our needs around here as far as pressing things ,in,out, and around . I hate to admit that once in a while it also serves to bend things using the I-beams and plates , I am making a few special dies soon for a job that requires 48 brackets of the same specs. for a Block plant in the area .
Thanks given by:
nice looking press, good to see that you have the paper towels handy for when things get fun.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 06:33 PM)dallen Wrote: ...good to see that you have the paper towels handy for when things get fun.

My guess is they are there for you to rip off a few sheets and insert them in your shorts prior to using the press. Saves one from embarrassing moments. PPE shouldn't be overlooked Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2014, 05:41 AM)Mayhem Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 06:33 PM)dallen Wrote: ...good to see that you have the paper towels handy for when things get fun.

My guess is they are there for you to rip off a few sheets and insert them in your shorts prior to using the press. Saves one from embarrassing moments. PPE shouldn't be overlooked Big Grin

Hadn't thought of that ,Good Idea ! It seems, I may have to put a guard on the front side to protect some people from themselves or get more paper towels . My Current Apprentice is just learning the difference between just right and just a little too much . Confused
Thanks given by:
Made a 'cup' that goes on top of the top die, it it held in place by 5mm c/s machine screw. According to Swag it helps to keep it centered.
I see my photos are up to the same rubbish as normal Bash
There are two parts both painted black (if I had taken a proper photo I wouldn't have to write all this) the bottom part is the 'cup' the other part (smaller dia.) is fixed to the hydraulic press and presses inside the 'cup' to force the top die down.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

I'm not visualizing where the screws are that hold the 'cup' on. Can you post a picture showing that?

Ed
Thanks given by: