Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
Thanks Willie,  it took all afternoon just to do those 3 Rotfl We had a few practices first with some 'off cuts' .

Yep, the welds seem fine Cool  the paint work gone to 'pot' Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 07:17 PM)Mayhem Wrote: There are no welding seasons Ed - procrastination is not weather either Big Grin

Darren,

Come on up to Minnesota in winter and bring your welder. Smile

Oh, and don't forget your heavy coat and gloves.

Ed
Thanks given by:
It may be a bit expensive to bring my welder with me Ed but I'm up for a visit at some point.  

If the weather is as harsh as you say, perhaps you could wet the parts and 'freeze' them together Big Grin  Once completed, you could probably get a few tack welds in place before the ice melts and it all falls apart.  

I'm lucky that I can weld 365 days a year (yes I have been known to sneak out on Christmas day Drinks )
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 11:28 AM)EdK Wrote: That reminds me that I've got to get my press brake put together. Welding weather should be starting soon.

Ed

I'm with you there Ed. I still haven't assembled mine yet either. Keeps getting pushed to the back of the line, along with raising and putting casters under my press.  Blush

Tig in my basement is no problem, and my ventilation system will handle short periods of mig ok - but stick welding definitely has to be done outside the door.

Spring is near though!  Smile
Willie
Thanks given by:
The good news: After a mere 16 months, I finally got around to welding my Swag press brake together today. Rotfl
Still needs to be cleaned up and painted.

The bad news is I fought my MIG welder the whole time because it wasn't feeding wire smoothly and I was getting a lot of burn back and sticking the wire to the contact tip, causing a bunch of unnecessary stops and restarts. By the time I finished it was no longer feeding wire at all. The drive roller just slips on the wire. Either I have a kink in the gun liner somewhere or it has rusted/corroded inside due to sitting around unused for so long. Bash

New liner is on order. It's always something... Smiley-signs131
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I don't even know were mine is anymore. Blush

Ed
Thanks given by:
I knew where mine was because it was always in the way - or more precisely, ON the ways of my lathe. I finally got tired of moving all the pieces every time I needed to use the lathe.   Slaphead

I just put the first coat of primer on it. Sorry Dave, but I didn't bother to sand down and polish all the parts like you did. Yours is a show piece.   Smiley-eatdrink004

Just a quick scuffing and smoothing with a 80 grit disk and washed it all down with acetone. Good enough for me to slap some rattle can primer on. I'm not very good at painting things to begin with, and it's going to get scraped and scratched up anyway.   Blush

p.s.
I don't know how closely the pieces fit on the standard kit but I had to mill 1/8" off of the outside corner of the angle iron on mine. (Heavy duty kit.) With the sharp corner of the "V" sitting on the base plate, there was a gap between the sides of the base plate and the "legs" of the angle iron. Milling the flat allowed the angle iron to contact the center of the base and the side walls equally.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Looks good Willie,
As for the welding You Suck   You Suck   You Suck  Big Grin 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by: Highpower
Smiley-signs107  Willie 

I could do with making one for my press .

Rob
Thanks given by: Highpower