Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
Hi Darren,
I couldn't find any Patent, I also think if it was Patented they would say so.
I'm sure they don't mind (too much) me copying their design it is just for me.
Swagoffroad have got a bit of free advertising on here, plus Ed bought one. If I could get it for the same price as Ed I would buy one.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

Ahhh, that U-channel which isn't actually U-channel. I'll post the dimensions for that part this evening.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 06:43 AM)EdK Wrote: Dave,

Ahhh, that U-channel which isn't actually U-channel. I'll post the dimensions for that part this evening.

Ed
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin OK then the upside down 'n' channel Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:

Ed
Thanks Ed, I just need those two dimensions please.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

Dimension A is 2 9/16" and dimension B is 1 1/4" and the steel is 1/4" thick.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thank you Ed,Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:

Ed

Ed - do you mean that you call it something different in the US or that it isn't actually u-channel?

Here we would call that c-channel, as when used horizontally the cross-section looks like this: [ (essentially a C). Is it a cheaper alternative to I beam
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
The reason for the dimensions is to give me an idea how the angle fitted. I have to say it would not be my first suggestion to hold the angle iron.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2014, 08:04 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Ed - do you mean that you call it something different in the US or that it isn't actually u-channel?

Here we would call that c-channel, as when used horizontally the cross-section looks like this: [ (essentially a C). Is it a cheaper alternative to I beam

Darren,

No, all I meant was that Swag Offroad didn't purchase C-channel to make the press brake. They bent it out of flat plate. Maybe just semantics and I'm probably wrong, as usual. Blush

Ed
Thanks given by:
Dave,

On mine the "bottom die" is held in place between two round shafts that are welded to the base.

The "bottom die" is left in place when bending relatively light weight materials and is removed ... leaving just the two round shafts to act as the "bottom die" ... when bending relatively heavy weight materials.

I'm not suggesting it is the correct\better\best\only way to do anything, just offering it as food for thought.

Arvid
Thanks given by: DaveH