Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
I knew where mine was because it was always in the way - or more precisely, ON the ways of my lathe. I finally got tired of moving all the pieces every time I needed to use the lathe.   Slaphead

I just put the first coat of primer on it. Sorry Dave, but I didn't bother to sand down and polish all the parts like you did. Yours is a show piece.   Smiley-eatdrink004

Just a quick scuffing and smoothing with a 80 grit disk and washed it all down with acetone. Good enough for me to slap some rattle can primer on. I'm not very good at painting things to begin with, and it's going to get scraped and scratched up anyway.   Blush

p.s.
I don't know how closely the pieces fit on the standard kit but I had to mill 1/8" off of the outside corner of the angle iron on mine. (Heavy duty kit.) With the sharp corner of the "V" sitting on the base plate, there was a gap between the sides of the base plate and the "legs" of the angle iron. Milling the flat allowed the angle iron to contact the center of the base and the side walls equally.
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press - by DaveH - 05-31-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press - by Highpower - 10-10-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press - by RobWilson - 10-10-2015, 02:42 PM