Press brake for 20 ton hydraulic press
Agreed, a press brake is always somewhere near the bottom end of my to-do list. I imagine I'll not understand why I didn't build it sooner once I do, however...
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2015, 12:20 AM)Highpower Wrote: The bad news is I fought my MIG welder the whole time because it wasn't feeding wire smoothly and I was getting a lot of burn back and sticking the wire to the contact tip, causing a bunch of unnecessary stops and restarts.

I bought a new liner for my Millermatic MIG welder and fixed the wire feeding problem. Something that bothered me though was that I ended up cutting off 6 feet from a standard 15 foot liner after installing it in the gun hose. You have to trim ALL of them to fit each individual gun/machine - that is normal procedure. But to cut off 6 FEET? Seems wasteful as my machine only has a 10 foot long hose on it from the factory. It's a "runner" package which just means the welder is on wheels so that you can roll it up close to the job.

The older I get the more tired I get of having to move things around. So AFTER installing the new liner I decided to just order a complete replacement 15 foot MIG gun from Miller so I can leave the welder in it's normal "spot". I should have done it years ago.  Bash

Fortunately the new gun (model#) will use the same consumables as the old one, but I'm still left with the feeling of closing the barn doors after all the cows have run out....   Slaphead
Willie
Thanks given by:
Willie when they come back home quietly close the door before they take off again Smile Smile
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I don't think they are coming back David. Blush

I just realized my ground cable is going to be too short now! Smiley-signs125

It's a vicious cycle.... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
The ground cable you can easily lengthen Willie
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I've known a few people with ground cables that were too short. they were always flying off!!

Thanks given by:
(10-17-2015, 12:16 AM)Mayhem Wrote: The ground cable you can easily lengthen Willie

Yeah, I know. It's just the fact that I didn't think about the original ground cable not being able to reach the same length of the new gun cable when I was ordering it. Slaphead

Oh well. Looks like another McMaster order in in the works.... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2015, 07:58 AM)dallen Wrote: I've known a few people with ground cables that were too short. they were always flying off!!

Heh. That that takes me back a few years... Big Grin

If you've ever seen (and heard) the static spark that comes off of an aircraft when attaching the ground cables, you'll make certain that all your ground cables are long enough - especially when getting ready to connect the hose from the re-fueling truck! Jet fuel and big blue sparks don't play well together. Yikes
Willie
Thanks given by:
neither does 135 octane avgas

Thanks given by: