Drip Oilers
[img]http://[/img]I found that I needed new oilers for my cincinnati lathe , and if I bought them for $10.00 each from McMasters the total would be around $100.00 .
That coincidentally is the exact number that brings my wife out to the shop with a vengeance, known to only a select few.
So I devised a way to avoid this particular fate, I used some 1" 6061 round stock to make these and so far they work very well and look passable . (the photo's don't show the bit of felt in the bottom ).
This makes a good drip system and lasts all day (normal day is about 6-8 hrs.) , I am not as young as I used to be , so this is a long day .[img]http://[/img]
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
Nice! How do you get'em to drip sideways? 17428 Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2014, 06:58 AM)stevec Wrote: Nice! How do you get'em to drip sideways? 17428 Rotfl

Fortunately I am better at machine work than photography , I will figure out how ,
I did this later and get back to you .
Thanks given by:
No worries Ken, I was just being a smart a$$.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2014, 06:04 AM)stevec Wrote: No worries Ken, I was just being a smart a$$.

YOU!!!???? Yikes

I don't believe it... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
Not seeing any pictures.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2014, 11:08 AM)Hawkeye Wrote: Not seeing any pictures.

Well that's strange. They were there at one time. 17428
Oh, I see kenne modified his post yesterday and deleted the pictures for some reason.

Ed
Thanks given by:
        [img]http://[/img]Sorry , I messed up the photo's ,trying to fix them , so I will try again .
the point was they are easy to make and cheaper than the high priced spread . I think the new photo's will show what I mean better than the old ones did . Here Goes ...
Thanks given by:
Thats better a little anyway , The cap is a swedge fit , and they just press in , the screw-in ones are just a little oversized and threaded in by brute force and a lack of common sense . I am about to make a larger one for my mill , I will show that one if it works as planned . No problem , I am about as sensitive as a rhino , and nearly as thick . I may have to invest in a camera that speaks to me .
Thanks given by:
(06-15-2014, 06:46 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(06-15-2014, 06:04 AM)stevec Wrote: No worries Ken, I was just being a smart a$$.

YOU!!!???? Yikes

I don't believe it... Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
I think I fixed it , I will get it right . I have the local franchise on smarta$$ . no problem , next year we may get hats and a secret handshake .....
Thanks given by: