Drip Oilers
(06-15-2014, 03:57 PM)kenne Wrote: ... . I have the local franchise on smarta$$ . no problem , next year we may get hats and a secret handshake .....

Steve,

It sounds like you may have some serious competition as the forum smart a$$. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, it's better than being a dumb a$$ I suppose. Big Grin

The oiler looks great. But with my ham hands they would probably be knuckle busters like the original bolt heads that stuck out from the crank handles on my mini-lathe. Some would probably say that's just my punishment for buying one in the first place. Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
Nice job on installing the oilers, though I really don't understand why it's there on a shaft and handle which should be pinned together and not working against each other.

Where does the oil go and how does it get there?
Thanks given by:
(06-16-2014, 08:15 AM)Highpower Wrote: Ed, it's better than being a dumb a$$ I suppose. Big Grin

That is true Willie. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:

(06-16-2014, 09:26 AM)PixMan Wrote: Nice job on installing the oilers, though I really don't understand why it's there on a shaft and handle which should be pinned together and not working against each other.

Where does the oil go and how does it get there?

On this old Cincinnati lathe , there is a groove in the shaft apparently to oil the shaft bushings inside the apron, there are several strange things like this I have found over the years . You could add a few drops of oil daily and never know the difference , but the oil cap was missing and I liked this idea for the other oilers and used it here also . Other than that it didn't need it .
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by: