weekend project
        This was a pulley for a well drilling rig to guide the retrieval cable , the old one broke on the weekend so I made this one from an old gear .
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
Not to be a pain Ken (admittedly I am), but that looks more like a roller chain sprocket than a gear.

Oh, nice job by the way. Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a Cogsley cog to me... Big Grin

At least is used to. Now it looks like a brand spanking new pulley! Smiley-signs107
Willie
Thanks given by:
Who cares what it was, what it is now is what is important Big Grin

Nice job on the pulley Kenne
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(06-18-2014, 12:31 PM)stevec Wrote: Not to be a pain Ken (admittedly I am), but that looks more like a roller chain sprocket than a gear.

Oh, nice job by the way. Thumbsup

Here we call it a gear or sprocket , no matter , now it's a pulley , and a happy customer ..........
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
Worst part.... two months later you go to put that hoist back together and go "where did that part go.... " Big Grin

My son was rebuilding his mountain bike before a weekend race. A bunch of R6 bearings were sitting out (he has a bad habit of leaving trash on the work bench). Hmm, 5/16" ID 7/8" just the size for a "pusher" tool on the lathe.

Grabbed some 4140, millings to fit, reamed a one though under hole. Have some 5/16" pull dowels (ends are threaded 10-32). Viola simple little tool....

He got back from mountain biking weekend.... "I left four bearings here, only found three.... " (He is very annal about bike maintenance, didn't realize he used different bearings for racing). I just smiled (last time I went crazy looking for a tool, he fessed up he TOOK IT TO WORK!). Arrrrrrggggggggggggggggg....
roundrocktom, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
One of the few reasons I'm glad my son is over 700 miles away!
Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: