Licking my Wounds Lathe Rebuild Project
I have a large commercial (ex launderette) washing machine in my workshop. I initially fixed it down with Rawlbolts (expanding anchor bolts) These washing machine unlike domestic one, have no suspension system and will literally leap around if the load is uneven. First set were pulled out by the movement. I over drilled the holes in the concrete and fitted the next size up. They suffered the same fate. I blew the dust out of the holes, half filled them with the resin intended for chemical anchors, and pushed M12 studding in until the resin rose to the surface. Left 'em an hour to set then torqued them down. That was two years ago and they are still rock solid. and that was with M12 studding in a hole that must have been far too big according to all the instructions as it was at least an inch by then. Since then I've sworn by resin anchors but always just use a bit of studding and anchor resin from a 'two pack' like this:

http://www.s3i.co.uk/chemical-anchor-epo...wgodhZMANg
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Licking my Wounds Lathe Rebuild Project - by awemawson - 06-28-2014, 03:21 PM