Licking my Wounds Lathe Rebuild Project
Hi
A comment on epoxy anchors…… 30 years ago, where the old Battersea power station stood in London, they build a Yuppie apartment block, The elevator / lift was built on the outside encase in glass, you can see it ride up and down from the outside, anywho…. I installed the motor and winch plinth for that elevator weight 4000lbs approx. by drilling 8 1'' studs upside down into a reinforced concrete ceiling, sinking the glass vials in then smashing them with the stud, twisted them with the drill to mix it up. Irony of the story too is they hung the whole elevator / lift from the same foundation.

Been reading your woes on this lathe, if you really want this machine working again then money needs to be spent, then the question arises, what's the best return for the expense laid out.

I know your new to machining so here is your chance to get more experience, I would purchase the correct machine tools to make the required parts, you benefit all round as you learn more, gain more machine tools and fix the lathe you have. Granted it’s a long term project for you but nothing is fast in this hobby, another plus is this the expense for the new machinery you purchase will be worth exactly what you paid for it, if purchase wisely used machinery is a wonderful investment, I would suggest you keep an eye open on your local auctions and Craigslist.

Just a thought….

Anthony.
ieezitin, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Licking my Wounds Lathe Rebuild Project - by ieezitin - 07-06-2014, 08:20 AM