Warco mill
Hi all; I'm thinking of getting myself a milling machine I don't know what am going to make but need some advise on this machine

warco gh universal milling drilling machine http://www.warco.co.uk/milling-machines/...chine.html

I'm limited to a garage so height is limited a old Bridgeport miil would be to large

So anyone got one of these mills or any info on them good or bad?

thanks mfletch
mfletch, Try to do the best you can and that's good enough
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2014, 09:16 AM)mfletch Wrote: Hi all; I'm thinking of getting myself a milling machine I don't know what am going to make but need some advise on this machine

warco gh universal milling drilling machine http://www.warco.co.uk/milling-machines/...chine.html

I'm limited to a garage so height is limited a old Bridgeport miil would be to large

So anyone got one of these mills or any info on them good or bad?

thanks mfletch

That's your typical RF-45 clone mill. They're decent mills for their size. The fit and finish on some is better than others so look it over before you buy it. That's a pricey one at $2745 US dollars.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The only issue I've heard of with these types of machine is that the gearboxes can be noisy sometimes. Warco products seem pretty good though, I have a VMC Mill.
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Perhaps you could take a trip over to see one of these running!

http://www.chesterhobbystore.com/lux-mil...3996-p.asp
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Chester and Warco machine may look the same but they are not!
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2014, 12:29 PM)awemawson Wrote: Chester and Warco machine may look the same but they are not!

Thanks guys

so which one is the better mill awemawson

Just watched a video of a similar mill and didn't realise the size of it but it will still fit in the garage
Thanks given by:
Based on the pictures and the specs and the price, I think the Warco is the better buy. Take that with a grain of salt since I've never seen either one in person. Smiley-gen163

Ed
Thanks given by:
I would go with ED,s instinct , from what I have seen and no about the Chester machines ( I own a 626 MILL and have seen others) is that they are a tab ruff and fit were they touch .
An old chap I no has that very mill your looking at from Warco and has only had one bit of bother with it and that was down to him aggressively fly cutting a job and bust a gear .

Regards Rob
Thanks given by:
One thing I would like to add (and I'm just spending more of your money) go for the Warco 'cause it is cheaper than the Chester also the Warco has a slightly bigger motor 1.1Kw against 750w.
Now the little bit of money you have saved put it towards a power feed (X) direction. It saves an awful load of hand cranking and you will get a much better finish on the work piece.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Cheers Rob
Thanks given by: