foundry burner blower
found this blower in a cardboard box on the front porch today, its the replacement for my vacuum cleaner motor that gave up the smoke some time back.

[Image: 100_1507.jpg]

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
Nice how much where from come on spill the beans
mfletch, Try to do the best you can and that's good enough
Thanks given by:
So I gather your vacuum won't be sucking any time soon?
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-16-2014, 04:55 AM)mfletch Wrote: Nice how much where from come on spill the beans

got it off of evil bay, at a cost of 26.00 with 30.00 shipping, I just waited till one showed up with a real low bid, and cast my money upon the pond and was lucky enough to catch it. puts out a ton of air, but from what I experianced yesterday I may need to make a larger burner tube to use all of it. but this I also burned close to half a gallon of oil maybe a little more in about half an hour.

(07-16-2014, 06:58 AM)TomG Wrote: So I gather your vacuum won't be sucking any time soon?

I'm afraid that it won't be doing much of any thing other then communing with the trash in the land fill.

DA

Thanks given by:
(07-15-2014, 10:47 PM)dallen Wrote: found this blower in a cardboard box on the front porch today, its the replacement for my vacuum cleaner motor that gave up the smoke some time back.

[Image: 100_1507.jpg]

DA

Hi Dallen it looks like the ones we get over here in the uk,ours are usually yellow & they're off a bouncy castle, I have one for my coke fired foundry I had to fit a slide valve to the inlet as it blew the coke out of the furnace,it's chinese but they're powerfull, my sons just made me a forge out of a gas bottle so I'll be using it for that as well.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
I'm quite sure you will have enough air for a coke fueled furnace with one of these blowers.

I got rid of the flex hose and used a short piece of 4" PVC to hook it up to the burner for a test run and to check the air pressure in the burner body which was about 6" WC. I then did a timed burn using preheated waste oil an was able to lower the oil level in my 8 inch diameter fuel tank by 2 inches in 30 minutes using a syphon nozzle an gravity feed.

Here's link the it running when I used compressed air to blow out the oil line when I shut it down.

http://vid1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd...462078.mp4

Thanks given by:
been trying to get the bugs out of the system ever since I received the bounce house blower, think I finally got it to work.

DA

Thanks given by:
You have it running nice
Mine costs a fortune in propane
John
Thanks given by:
Thats a canny looking set up you have there Dallen Smiley-signs107

Rob
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2014, 03:59 PM)doubleboost Wrote: You have it running nice
Mine costs a fortune in propane
John

John my other two furnaces are pretty reasonable on propane, but the one in the video thinks the world is made out of the stuff and that its free, which is the reason I put it on oil, I still bleed in some propane while running the burner but only a couple of pounds on the gauge nothing like what it takes to melt cast iron.

DA

(07-30-2014, 04:16 PM)RobWilson. Wrote: Thats a canny looking set up you have there Dallen Smiley-signs107

Rob

Thanks Rob, I had planned on using a different fan then the bounce house blower, but got a pretty good deal on this one off of EBay so I decided to go with it. In the video the damper on the blower Outlet is only open about half way, I'm looking into using a pressurized fuel tank so that I can push more oil thru the nozzle which is rated at 1 gallon per hour and is the largest nozzle available in a siphon nozzle. The rate that I had it burning in the video would of put me at about close to 1.5 gallons per hour. 3 inches in the tank is suppose to equal 1 gallon if I did the math correctly.

Had planned to try to melt cast iron today but its rained most of the day here.
DA

Thanks given by: