foundry burner blower
That is looking good Dave. I haven't built an actual furnace yet, as I'm still playing with the burner (based on yours) and will need to make up a blower for it. I'm curious as to how the damper works?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Ken its a simple twist blade design damper that I made for a coffee roaster that I built several years back. I'm going to pull it out of the blower so that I can fit the reducer that I have in the PVC into the damper section and get rid of the PVC, when I do I'll take some photos and post them up for you.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(07-31-2014, 08:05 AM)dallen Wrote: Ken its a simple twist blade design damper that I made for a coffee roaster that I built several years back. I'm going to pull it out of the blower so that I can fit the reducer that I have in the PVC into the damper section and get rid of the PVC, when I do I'll take some photos and post them up for you.

DA

That would be Darren who asked about the damper. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
here's a couple photos that show how the damper is put together. manual adjustment with no provisions for locking it in place which I will probably need to add. the groove under my fingers is where it fits into the blower housing, but it looks like I may have to make a new one or add a short piece of tube to the outlet end as the plate that fits onto the burner tube is almost too close to the damper blade, will have to fire it up and see how it acts.

sorry bout the mix up in names

DA

Thanks given by:
Hi Dave ,

Those bouncy castle blowers are well man enough for the job ,good fined .

Your damper ,is actual a Butterfly valve nice bit of re engineering by the way ,keep up the good work ,shame the weather did not hold so you could get some casting done .

I have a Cupola furnace about 94.3% finished ,hoping to have it done this year ,well at least fired up just the once before winter .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Not terribly subject related but I was delighted to see someone else mix up Ken & Darren! Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
removed the PVC, not sure if I like the change will have to get some burn time to figure out if the short hookup will help or hurt.

I did have to implement the REDNECK positioning device (duct tape) to hold the damper in position.

Thanks given by:
trying to get a feel for what this new blower will do

DA

Thanks given by:
So are you happy with it Dave?

Darren (the other Ken) Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 07:31 PM)Mayhem Wrote: So are you happy with it Dave?

Darren (the other Ken) Big Grin

not gong to say I'm happy just yet, ut I am pleased with todays burn. Todays melt should of been hotter, am probably would of if I had of run it another 10 to 15 minutes. Bad thing for me is that you really need two guys when melting iron.

DA

Thanks given by: