Surface grinder tooling
I was just poking around on the PM forum and was reminded by a thread there that I have some yet-to-be-used tooling for my surface grinder. Among those tools is a Phase II (brand) Chinese made radius & angle dresser.

I picked up off the local Craigslist for $35 a little over two years ago and have yet to need to use it. It's there when I need it, though I suppose now that I dragged it out of the cabinet I should clean the original Cosmolene off and give it a try.

[Image: IMG_2383-r_zps04e66aad.jpg]

Now thinking about it, there's a few other grinder-specific tools I have and rarely use, so here's another photo. These are pass-thru magnetic parallels and vee blocks. Some found locally, most from eBay for cheap. I don't think I spent $50 for the lot. I've used a couple of the parallels once or twice, that's about it.

[Image: IMG_0301-r.jpg]

What do you guys have?
Thanks given by:
My "tooling" looks exactly like my scrap pile. Sad
Thanks given by:
Pixman, my tooling looks just like yours! Also it is rarely used, but when it is nothing else would do. I have a head mounted angle and radius dresser and I confess I've only ever used it for straight dressing
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Sadly, not only do I not have surface grinder tooling but I don't have a surface grinder yet either. Sadno

Ed
Thanks given by:
I'm with you Ed. I keep an eye out but the list prices I see always have the decimal point in the wrong spot.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I know how tough it can be to find machinery over there in WA, Darren. I also know how limited Ed is with money and space for such luxuries, so if either of you ever need a grinding job done you know who to ask!

I'm going to post a couple more photos here soon. One will be my 2" wide x 3-1/2" length capacity grinding vise with the 5" sine base that I made as my senior year project in vocational high school for the 1976-1977 school year. Just a week ago I had brought my 91 year old shop teacher to my shop to show him how I still have and use the tools I'd made under his tutelage. He was SO impressed with the shop and the projects I showed him that I'd done there.
Thanks given by:
Pixman, that's a really touching story. I wish I was still in touch with the teachers that inspired me. I was only saying to someone the other day that I think I'm regressing, and trying to re-create my school work shop at home :)
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, awemawson. The skills he taught me have lasted all my life and paid off handsomely, I owe Mr. Felix Stolulonis a debt of gratitude. It was a funny way that we reconnected about a year ago. My wife works for a private agency providing personal home health care and housekeeping to the elderly. She got a fill-in with him, and he liked her so much that he requested she be the regular provider of services. It was a few weeks into that when they were talking about his work history as a shop teacher and she mentioned that "my husband went to that school." Not only did he teach me, but he also had my father and one of my brothers!
Thanks given by:
don't need one have onew at work will post a pic its masive
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Pixman you didn't buy that, its called larceny!   And yes I'm jealous and you earned this:  You Suck
Thanks given by: