Let's See Your Shop
(11-03-2012, 01:00 PM)Black Forest Wrote: The house was built in 1724. Not so old for a German house. Only close to three hundred years old.

Wow! That's amazing.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Spent the last week cleaning out one bay of the shop to install a car hoist. Tired of crawling around on my belly like a reptile under vehicles.
The place is far more presentable than usual so thought we'd take a couple of shots.
Its 24 x 36 a story and a half. The cabinet shop has 4 foot stub walls then slopes to 10 foot, the metal shop is below.
The metal shop has two overhead cranes that cover the entire area, great for old backs.
[Image: IMG_1822.jpg]

This is the bay the hoist will go in.

[Image: IMG_0295.jpg]

The Summit lathe.

[Image: IMG_0299.jpg]

The Colchester Student.

[Image: IMG_0298.jpg]

The mill with shaper in the background.

[Image: IMG_0302.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice space Greg! I love the outside shot.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Excellent pics!! Your'e shots covered a lot of shop area which is great to see.
Congratulations on the car hoist, did you buy the one you posted about here?
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hope to head to Toronto tomorrow to have a look at it.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I hardly recognized the place, but fortunately Elaine did! She says "hi" to Charlie (and you too) BTW she also remembers Rufus, boy! do I rely on her!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Lads

here is my shop. its been in progress for 20 years. i doubt if it ever be completed.

[Image: IMG_2564_zpsc8dfcaa3.jpg]

This is a gang box i made, its my central hub.

[Image: IMG_2563_zpscf15fc72.jpg]

This is my drilling draws, all my drill related stuff is in there. On top of it are my two lay-out surface tables.

[Image: IMG_2566_zpscd2eb24c.jpg]

This is my loagn 200 lathe, it is my favorite tool i purchased it at an auction for pennies on the dollar, it belonged to a very capable clock maker who passed away, i got to see some of his work and i was very impressed indeed with his skill. I myself have produced some very intricate work on this machine.

[Image: IMG_2562_zps2d7026f5.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2561_zps397c9607.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2559_zps00c02c4a.jpg]

This is my Atlas 7B shaper. Again an auction find i think i paid $700.00 i have had it for about two years and i am very happy with it. i broke the ram cam pin, its standing up on blocks as you can see for me to get access to the underneath to release the ram connection on the bottom, i have been waiting for a spare to come up on Flea-bays but no luck yet. i am probably going to end up making a new piece as i have a job coming soon that requires this machine. This tool fascinates me, i used them in my apprenticeship and they were far bigger than this little fellow but its very pleasing working in the shop with this guy slapping in the back ground puffing out slithers of smoke and making me dodge the chips that get lunched!!!

[Image: IMG_2560_zpsdfd1571e.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2558_zps2387d011.jpg]

Toolboxes and stuff. here you see a Atlas MF Horizontal mill, its for sale and sadly i will be parting company with it but progress never stops.

[Image: IMG_2557_zps35da7c58.jpg]

A general view

[Image: IMG_2556_zps87bed56c.jpg]

This is my Grizzly G1007 mill drill, i purchased a guys shop and parted out so much stuff i ended up with this mill that cost me nothing. I like it, it performs very well and it has a R8 collet, i will be in the next year be getting a Bridgeport so my tooling will be able to be swapped.

[Image: IMG_2553_zpsababd5f6.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2551_zps0971972b.jpg]

Another general view.

[Image: IMG_2550_zps9a6cf2a2.jpg]

i have two grinders. the one on the right is a Leslie Drill grinder. it works fantastic!!!!!. but struggles to drill 1/4" and under.

[Image: IMG_2549_zps0f7a473a.jpg]

Here is my Atlas 12" x 36" Sires 3000. this has been with me for 15 years and has served me well i have made countless articles on this machine but its being sold as we speak, i have a piece in the chuck and i am threading it to show the new owner its capabilities, ironically i have in storage an identical machine which will take its place or i have a lead on a larger geared head lathe, i need a long bed lathe for my gun smithing aspiration for twisting barrels and such, either way a more sturdy up-to-date machine will eventually be installed.

[Image: IMG_2547_zps6d8b40a0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2546_zps8ce939cd.jpg]

Thats it. hope you enjoy. Tony.
Thanks given by:
Looks great! Thumbsup

Shops are a work in progress, they are never finished. I get tired of mine every few years and totally re-organize and refine it. That's part of the fun of having one.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Hi
Lads
A couple of pictures of my old shop
The lathe is a Myford ml4

[Image: howtofitit001.jpg]
[Image: HPFUELSYSTEM030.jpg]

John
Thanks given by:
John,

Is that contraption sitting on the stand that crazymobile you drove in that youtube video? Yikes

Ed
Thanks given by: