Let's See Your Shop
A beauty, truly!
Thanks given by:
Last week the workshop got steel sided, I gophered, did some piddly jobs, so the arm didn't fall off!
Took out 7pr of windows on west side, 6 pr on the east side. added  pic of before, no more scraping & painting!
the windows will be used on the pedal & treadle shed and radio shed. yes they are getting sided too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Ahhh - but what does the inside look like?

That is an impressive looking shop.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I would also love to see the inside. What's a "pedal and treadle shed" used for? And what kind of radio shop work? HAM operator or repair?
Thanks given by:
pedal and treadle if I remember right from what oldgoaly has posted before is for the old pedal and treadle lathes and such like Singer sewing machines, which reminds me that I need to drag my mom's old machine out and give it a spin and lube.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Spent the day pulling windows out of the pedal & treadle shed, this is old pic of the west end 'bout 1/4 of the shed, on left is the board that I used to take to swap meets to sell pedal car parts I cast or shaped.  Radios, ? 500? old broadcast, ham, lots of old test equipment. Last time I counted 22-23 yrs ago, I thought 150, wife said 300, took me awhile, 297 is what I counted, she says there is 3 more in the van .....
Inside the shop & sheds it's a MESS!  maybe next year to get it somewhat  back to normal???     

Thanks given by:
Was it a chicken house before?
Thanks given by:
yes old chicken farm, 
pedal & treadle building 1st it is 99% done
 radios shed 2nd is about 75% done
10 hour day,  6 days for the last two weeks

Thanks given by:
I've been working on a 6 by 8 foot concrete block shed near my house, to convert it from its original function (an outside wood boiler called a HAHSA) into a tiny workshop. I have a larger workshop, but it is too far from the house, unheated and uninsulated -- also partly filled with household storage items. So not much use in winter.

I've been at work on this project for about 2 weeks now, and built two 8 foot long work benches -- one just farmed up, the other mostly completed with 15 drwers. I added pegboard for hanging tools. There is an old ceramic chimney taking up floorspace, and a radiator which is plumbed to my Lister-type Indian 6 hp diesel generator. The engine exhaust pipe also passes through, and the thought was to be able to do combined heat and power on occasion. The Listeroid weighs over 600 lbs. and turns 600 RPM.

Here are some pics of the progress so far:

[Image: Shed7.jpg]

[Image: Shed5.jpg]

[Image: Shed16.jpg]

[Image: Shed20.jpg]

[Image: Shed21.jpg]

[Image: Shed25.jpg]

[Image: Shed30.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice work
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: