Project Spin Indexer Tailstock
Nice finish Ed. What did you polish it out with? Looks way better. Its always hit and miss for me getting a nice finish when facing.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by: EdK
(12-19-2014, 05:55 PM)f350ca Wrote: Nice finish Ed. What did you polish it out with? Looks way better. Its always hit and miss for me getting a nice finish when facing.

No polish. Just used the correct tool this time and power feed. That insert is made for aluminum. Smile

Ed

Thanks given by: f350ca
Got'r done, finally.  Big Grin

Ed

Thanks given by:
I only see one minor problem with that tailstock Ed: It's 100 notches in quality above any Chinese spindexer that you'd use it with!
(12-26-2014, 07:00 PM)PixMan Wrote: I only see one minor problem with that tailstock Ed: It's 100 notches in quality above any Chinese spindexer that you'd use it with!

Rotfl

My Phase II spin indexer is of reasonable quality so I think it's a good mate. I enjoyed making the tailstock and learned a few things.

On to the next project. Tom's clamp knurling tool.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Top job Ed. I'm guessing the two lugs are to bolt it to the table. If so, I'm curious as to why they are not lower down.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Very nice Ed. How well does the split cotter grab?
Greg
(12-26-2014, 07:51 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Top job Ed.  I'm guessing the two lugs are to bolt it to the table.  If so, I'm curious as to why they are not lower down.

I don't know why the designer has them at that height. But I'm not sure there's any advantage to having them lower, unless I'm missing something. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(12-26-2014, 09:34 PM)f350ca Wrote: Very nice Ed. How well does the split cotter grab?

Greg,

The split cotter grabs just fine. I can't advance the arbor at all if it's clamped so it must be doing its job. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
Good to hear, I've always had them in a solid housing, wondered if they'd spring unsupported, good to know for future designs. Thanks
Greg
Thanks given by: