Project Spin Indexer Tailstock
Got another part almost done but I ran out of time. I'll finish it up tomorrow.
The surface finish sucks so no shiny metal camera shot this time. I haven't figured out how to get a decent finish on O-1 tool steel. 17428

Ed

Thanks given by:
Got this piece done.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs107 Ed

Every part made is a step closer to the finish line , nice bit of screw cutting Thumbsup

Rob
Thanks given by: EdK
Looking good!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Is that the piece in the drawing in you preceding post Ed?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Nicely done Ed, Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
(08-30-2014, 08:04 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Is that the piece in the drawing in you preceding post Ed?

Yes, and I know what you're thinking. The drawing shows a step down dimension in the area where the hole is drilled. I copied the original drawing from the article but once I got to the point of cutting it I decided it wasn't necessary and is stronger without the step. A handle goes into that hole and is used for clamping the arbor.

Oh, and I did change the drawing to remove the step. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
That's the way I do it Ed. I work to the drawing and then when I'm done I revise the drawing to resemble the part I've made . Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2014, 02:41 PM)stevec Wrote: That's the way I do it Ed. I work to the drawing and then when I'm done I revise the drawing to resemble the part I've made . Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
Brilliant Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2014, 02:41 PM)stevec Wrote: That's the way I do it Ed. I work to the drawing and then when I'm done I revise the drawing to resemble the part I've made . Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004

Rotfl

Actually, this time it was a conscious design decision and not an oops! design change. That's usually not how it works for me most times though. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by: