Project Spin Indexer Tailstock
I make the part then I do the drawing. My accuracy and ability to stay within tight tolerances has improved greatly as a result. Also saves time as I don't need to waste time making drawings before finishing the part Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Another part checked off of the list. The end mill was getting kind of dull so the finish on the flats looks kind of crappy but I can't feel any ridges. That surface is for a bolt head so it's good enough for what it'll be used for.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looks dam fine to me Ed

Smiley-signs107

Rob
Thanks given by: EdK
(09-03-2014, 03:41 PM)EdK Wrote: Another part checked off of the list. The end mill was getting kind of dull so the finish on the flats looks kind of crappy but I can't feel any ridges. That surface is for a bolt head so it's good enough for what it'll be used for.

Ed
Good job Ed, thanks for showing your great work.
tackit, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since May 2014.
Looks fine to me Ed. I often sandblast items though, it hides a lot of machine marks!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
You call that crappy? I knew posting that pic of my tractor repair was a bad idea. But Pixman made me do it...

Nice part! Worthy
Finally getting some time in the shop. I've decided to change the way the center is clamped in the body. The original plans call for slitting the body and using a threaded rod to squeeze the two halves together to clamp the center. I'm going to use a cotter clamp system instead. I think it will work better than trying to squeeze the slit on two 3/8" thick walls.

Ed

Thanks given by:
A far more elegant way to do it Ed. A split cotter has amazing clamping properties.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Yer much better way Ed

Rob
(10-11-2014, 12:27 PM)f350ca Wrote: A far more elegant way to do it Ed. A split cotter has amazing flaming properties.

Greg,

What does "amazing flaming properties" mean. 17428

My best guess is you meant "amazing clamping properties".

Ed
Thanks given by: