Project Spin Indexer Tailstock
Ed, On tight situations like this I've even drawn it out to see how much room I have to play with. Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by: EdK
Ed - nice work so far.

My thought would be v-blocks, angle plates, clamps and packing material.  I used a similar set up to hold a 3" burner tube, whilst I drilled it with a hole saw.  This was on a pedestal drill, with the table angled and it coped very well.  

I didn't have an angle plate so I made one.  Whilst it isn't a precision one (I will mill it square eventually), it certainly did the job and was cheap to make out of scrap I had scrounged Big Grin

On a milling machine with tons more rigidity you should be good to go.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
I'm liking the sound of the V-blocks. I'll try working with those and see if I can rig something up that will be rigid enough. I plan on drilling up to .75" and then boring to the .930 final dimension.

Thanks guys. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
How about using an aluminum plate (or a piece of 2x4 for that matter) attached to the table?  Mill your v-groove down the center and then end clamp your parts to that. Then you can drill & bore through into the sacrificial base instead of your v-blocks / mill vice.

It seems to me I've seen that suggested here before.  Chin 
Willie
angle plate bolted to the table with some packing under the part to raise it off the table, doesn't even have to be precision so like Willie said a chunk of 2X4 to clamp the tube too will work.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2014, 08:40 AM)dallen Wrote: angle plate bolted to the table with some packing under the part to raise it off the table, doesn't even have to be precision so like Willie said a chunk of 2X4 to clamp the tube too will work.

I wasn't visualizing this at first but I think I see what you're saying now. I may play around with a combination of the angle plate and V-blocks. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
I got some work done on the clamp knob this evening.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Nice and shiny Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Clamp handle done except for the scallops.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looking good Ed, Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH