Project Spin Indexer Tailstock
(11-27-2014, 08:17 AM)EdK Wrote: Steve,

It's set up in the mill not the lathe. My boring head takes 1/2" shank tools and I haven't seen any of the carbide tipped Chinese boring tools with 1/2" shanks that will bore that deep.

Ed

Sorry Ed Blush . Thanks for straightening me out.  Ya, the 9" bar that fits your boring head for the mill could provide 2 shorter ones, one with the tool at 90 deg. and the other at 45. Thumbsup

Smiley-eatdrink004  
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I went ahead and cut my boring bar to 5.5" before I left for my nephews for Thanksgiving dinner. It's only a $14.50 boring bar so certainly not the end of the world. Next I need to grind the 3/16" tool bit for it and then I'll be ready to bore out the hole. I had no wine at dinner so I'm clear to work with power tools this evening. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
I just need to bore the 1" hole for the hold-down shaft and drill the 1/2" hole for the cotter clamp and the body will be done.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looking good Ed, but that mill looks surgically clean
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 05:30 PM)f350ca Wrote: Looking good Ed, but that mill looks surgically clean

Rotfl  Not even close Greg. See all of those chips in the table slots and on the rear way guard? I had just vacuumed off the chips from the drilling operation in preparation for boring the hole to 1"

Ed
Thanks given by:
Aw
I think of the mess on mine as a protective layer material.
Greg
Thanks given by:
The body is finally done. On to the cotter clamp.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Ed that new camera must be the exceptionally shinny kind. Well done,
Greg
Thanks given by: EdK
I think you're right. I haven't even given the body a proper cleaning yet and it already looks shinny.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I gave it a hat this evening.

Ed

Thanks given by: