indicator base and arm work like holder
I saw a product that resembles the one I made out of a brass rod and conduit clamp on the interweb, I though most here would have a holder or two or three or four so it might come in handy. Rotfl

I'll get back on the lathe after I finish a few more jobs and projects that need to wrapped up before winter. I just can't seem to plan or judge my time accurately at all.... time seems to go by so fast and nothing gets accomplished even though I'm spending 2-3 hours a day in the shop, which is all I can do due to my bad back, knees and right foot. It takes me forever to finish a project I think should only take a few hours when I was in good shape. I told the SIL today maybe I biting off more than I can chew, but I would go crazy if it weren't for working with the tools and being in the shop.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tackit, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since May 2014.
Thanks given by:
Hi there Tackit ,

Interesting project , I have been thinking about doing similar to mount a camera , any how don't worry about what you do or dont get done in the shop ,just have fun doing what ever ,any shop time is good time .

Me , Mick (Micktoon) and Bob (KVR300) were discussing this very thing yesterday and agree there is never enough time and we all have ALLOT of unfinished projects between us .

Keep at it .

Rob
Thanks given by: tackit
(08-17-2014, 03:46 AM)RobWilson. Wrote: Me , Mick (Micktoon) and Bob (KVR300) were discussing this very thing yesterday and agree there is never enough time and we all have ALLOT of unfinished projects between us .

Keep at it .

Rob

Toss in my unfinished projects and THEN it becomes discouraging!
Bash
( it is a bit of a help to know I'm not alone though Worthy)

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Hi
tackit
That is what I use to hold my video camera
John
Thanks Rob, Steve and doubleboost for the encouragement, it certainly does make me feel better knowing others feel the same way about shop time and finishing projects. Good idea on the video camera holder, I'll have to make one of those too.

Have a great Sunday all of you and thanks again for cheering me up.... because of your kind words I don't feel like the worlds biggest slacker now... I appreciate it. tackit.

doubleboost I just ran across your youtube 4 jaw chuck centering video. I can't wait to try out. I wish I could watch all the videos you guys make but my verizon wireless plan won't allow me to watch as many as I would like.
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2014, 08:25 AM)tackit Wrote: I don't feel like the worlds biggest slacker now

Don't even think of usurping me, that's my title. Yikes
Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(08-17-2014, 12:25 PM)stevec Wrote:
(08-17-2014, 08:25 AM)tackit Wrote: I don't feel like the worlds biggest slacker now

Don't even think of usurping me, that's my title. Yikes
Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004

Rotfl Rotfl
Thanks given by:
Steve your a hoot brother. Rotfl
Thanks given by:
Please don't laugh guys, you only encourage him!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: