Homemade tools for the avil and vise
Looking at the extension cord on the ground makes me wonder if it's an ELECTRIC anvil. 17428

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2014, 12:48 PM)stevec Wrote: Looking at the extension cord on the ground makes me wonder if it's an ELECTRIC anvil. 17428

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004

That's to power the heating element inside the anvil.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2014, 06:48 PM)f350ca Wrote: Thanks for the link, have it book marked as well. Hope to get the blacksmith shop up and going this fall. A friend of mine tracked down this Hay Budden anvil for me, thought the going price was a buck a pound so offered him $250, he was happy then I found out what they're going for. By the size of the hardy hole, 1 1/4 inch it may be in the 350 pound range.

[Image: IMG_0822.jpg]

welcome on the link... Your anvil looks like very nice one f350, the corners look square and the top doesn't looked wallowed out from always working in one spot, it looks to be in very good shape, you did good.

Right now I use this round for center punching and straightening parts out. The small plate was handy so it got permanent/temporary tacked on. Rotfl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

tackit, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since May 2014.
Thanks given by: