DaveH
Thanks given by:
Those turned out real nice!

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-23-2014, 03:34 AM)DaveH Wrote: They do look nice, Smiley-signs107 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

(09-23-2014, 05:51 AM)EdK Wrote: Those turned out real nice!

Ed

Thanks guys for the compliments, its taken a while to get to this point what with all the bad castings that I've made trying ot get machine able castings.

Hopefully now things will get a little easier, with more good then bad castings.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
won't say that I have it figured out, but the iron I melted on Sat 10/03/14 turned out nice and soft and cuts beautiful in the bandsaw, I noticed something with this melt that I haven't really seen before that may be and indication of when its time to pour, sorry the video isn't some of my best work then I'm not a videographer like some on the internet,

Anyway hope you get a good laugh out of it if nothing else.

Thanks given by:
Interesting video as usual dallen, but I missed what you thought was an indication of when its time to pour.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Those castings look very good
No hard spots
John
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2014, 09:12 AM)f350ca Wrote: Interesting video as usual dallen, but I missed what you thought was an indication of when its time to pour.

The molten metal had a look to it like oil on top of water, sort of a Rainbow effect, one of those things that hard to video due to the furnace running around 2900 degrees.

(10-06-2014, 09:37 AM)doubleboost Wrote: Those castings look very good
No hard spots
John

Thanks John, no I haven't found any hard spots yet but the parts only had to have some flash cleaned off of them the ingot sawed very nice with no indication of it being hard, and all the gates and runners that I snapped were nice and gray with no white showing in the cross section.

DA

Thanks given by:
Trouble is David you make it look so easy.
Impressive Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
getting the stuff hot enough to pour is the easy part getting good iron is the hard part

DA

Thanks given by:
What do you use for raw material?  I've heard old CI home radiators work well have you ever used them?  One of their characteristics is the thin cross section making them easy to break up.
Thanks given by: