Making a Trap Stock for a Remington 870
Yep, you can buy the pink stocks, grips and accessories here as well. Also the multicoloured plywood stocks and those with camouflage wall paper on them! I like to look of wood and blued steel myself.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed. E that might look pretty good assuming it is thin enough.

I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so nothing is going to happen for a while. I'd still like to mill the pink Kydex down to 1/32 (if it will hold up) and see how that looks.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2014, 09:09 AM)TomG Wrote: Thanks Ed. E that might look pretty good assuming it is thin enough.

I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so nothing is going to happen for a while. I'd still like to mill the pink Kydex down to 1/32 (if it will hold up) and see how that looks.

Tom

Tom,

It's .106" thick so it might be too thick for your project.

Ed
Thanks given by:
A little update on the stock:

The buttstock is finished and as you can see from the pic, she decided that she preferred the gloss finish over the satin because the stripes show up better. The final tally was 12 coats of oil, sanded and steel wooled between coats before the grain was fully filled. I also milled the spacers down to 1/32" and they look much more complimentary, getting the ultimate thumbs up from the customer. She also got a chance to shoot a few rounds of trap using the new stock and the results were encouraging. She had been averaging 15-16 hits out of 25 using borrowed guns and her first time with the new stock she scored two 19's, two 18's and a 15. The 15 was last so I suspect she was getting tired. It's pretty amazing the difference a properly fitted gun makes.

I've been out of town a lot lately so I haven't been able to work on the forestock, but I do have the design worked out and hope to start making more sawdust soon.

We found out this weekend that my sister in law recently drove to Missouri to have a custom stock made for her at Wenig Custom Gunstocks and dropped $2500 for basically the same thing I'm making for my wife. Maybe I should go into business. Happyno

Tom

[Image: IMAG0567.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Beautiful job as usual Tom. I think you could give Wenig a run for the money. They do make some exquisite stocks though.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Nice job Tom. The grain really popped. Beautiful! Worthy

Ed
Thanks given by:
+1
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys.

The photo does a good job of illustrating what the figure actually looks like, it really jumps out in the sun. The only problem with the stock is that my wife now shoots better than I do.   Bash

Tom
Thanks given by:
That sure does look beautiful Tom. Thumbsup  Worthy 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2014, 06:48 PM)TomG Wrote: The only problem with the stock is that my wife now shoots better than I do.   Bash
Well, the obvious solution is to make yourself a custom fitted stock so that you can catch up!  Don't forget to find some really nice wood.  They always shoot better when they look better.
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by: