just a lil tap
hi all have bin busy with other things but three amigos needs sum taps well 6 of them bin looking at different types but think the plane old taper and spring type will be best suited for it so i mad one as a prototype cut a length of 10 by 10 mm brass bare i think 28mm long divided it in have drilled a 2.6mm hole in the middle then went threw with the taper reamer that i have then set the tool Post over on the lathe to mack the tap fitting drilled the top for the handle to go in silver solder that in place all dun need to put in the 4 jaw chuck and drill all the way threw and round off ether end pics so far

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi
Bob
Real nice work on the drain valvesDroolDrool
They will look much better than mine YikesYikes
John
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 03:52 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi all have bin busy with other things but three amigos needs sum taps well 6 of them bin looking at different types but think the plane old taper and spring type will be best suited for it so i mad one as a prototype cut a length of 10 by 10 mm brass bare i think 28mm long divided it in have drilled a 2.6mm hole in the middle then went threw with the taper reamer that i have then set the tool Post over on the lathe to mack the tap fitting drilled the top for the handle to go in silver solder that in place all dun need to put in the 4 jaw chuck and drill all the way threw and round off ether end pics so far
Very nice work , makes me think I should take another look at mine Bash
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
And I thought you were going to cut some threads. Big Grin

Nice work Bob. Will there be a spring on the back to hold the two pieces together, or is the taper enough?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice process, Bob. I assume the passage through the body and spigot will be pretty small - around 3 or 4mm?
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
hi well started on all 6 today will post pics yep their will be a spring on the bottom to keep the tap in place and the hole that will be gowning threw will be 3.5mm on the prototype the thread in the bottom of the tap is m3 but on the proper ones its m2
Thanks given by:
hi i finished off the tap handles today as promised pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hi Bob , looking good , quite a little production line you have going there Smile. Nice job.
Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Looking nice Bob
2 mill lol
John
Thanks given by: