Making a new drive block for the Scotch Yoke
(10-04-2014, 04:45 AM)big job Wrote: Shawn although I do not own a douglas but I have no block movement there (with my fingers) and have no knocks.  I have been
(right or wrong) squirting #90 gear oil in there and on bull gears and we use it a lot.
sam 

May be the wrong stuff but I use chainsaw bar oil, if it will stay on saw chain running it will stick to the gears in my shaper.

(10-09-2014, 01:06 PM)Shawn Wrote: Thanks for the information guys. I got the new block built and installed. There is now 0.005 gap, I also installed a spacer made from HDPE between the forward pivot arm and the casting to keep that arm from shifting left and right. There is no more loud knocking sound and the tell tale marks I was getting on the work on the return stroke are gone. She is cutting nice and smooth now. The audio in the video seems much louder than in person, the clicking sound is the auto feed for the table. I also built a spacer block so I can get rid of the Armstrong tool holder and hold the bits directly in the clapper.

Shawn

Shawn it looks to be running nice and smooth, how did the material machine, no problems I assume since you have the Douglas up and running.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a new drive block for the Scotch Yoke - by dallen - 10-09-2014, 04:07 PM