A lean-to
(10-16-2014, 08:24 PM)DaveH Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, how deep is your frost line?
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

Where I live the frost line is at 42" so we put footings down to at least 48" to be safe.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Wow ................. I didn't know about the "frost line"   3ft / 4ft deep I'm staggered Jawdrop 
I had no idea you would have to "dig" so deep.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2014, 02:32 AM)awemawson Wrote: So what is the lean to going to house Dave?

Well I was thinking of housing my motorbike but I don't have one Big Grin
All this wood.

To the right of the last photo is where it will be built there were a couple of photo's but it seems I have lost them Bash

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
For a second there I thought the first photo was an after the "high winds and storms" shot Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2014, 07:32 PM)DaveH Wrote: Cause every 30 years or so we do get snow.  Smile 

DaveH

Yeah, rub it in Dave....  You Suck

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So you are buying a motorbike eh?    Chin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2014, 11:09 AM)Highpower Wrote: So you are buying a motorbike eh?    Chin

Nah, I was thinking about buying one - and then I thought about me killing myself, or someone else killing me. That would really tick me off,  Bash  so I decided against it. Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2014, 06:23 AM)DaveH Wrote: Wow ................. I didn't know about the "frost line"   3ft / 4ft deep I'm staggered Jawdrop 
I had no idea you would have to "dig" so deep.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH

Two counties north of me it changes to 60" deep. Yikes

Ed
Thanks given by:
wait till you live where to put up a post you have to dig down to where it stays frozen all year to get them to stay upright,

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-17-2014, 01:37 PM)dallen Wrote: wait till you live where to put up a post you have to dig down to where it stays frozen all year to get them to stay upright,

DA

For me that would be a good reason to leave Big Grin  Big Grin   Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dug the three holes, one post concreted in Smiley-dancenana 

Two more posts to go.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: