A lean-to
(01-17-2015, 10:05 AM)DaveH Wrote: [quote pid='39873' dateline='1421504499']
  . I even have people come round offering me wood.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

[/quote]

Dave, If you ever hear from anyone planning to move to Nova Scotia suggest they move to my area please.Thumbsup

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(01-17-2015, 01:26 PM)DaveH Wrote: ...they couldn't say how much snow fell because they don't have any equipment to measure snow fall  or the depth. Rotfl 
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

No tape measures or rulers in SA?  17428

Ed

Thanks given by:
Evidently not.
When the SA Met was asked how much snow fell that was their answer.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Dave,

You could have used your depth micrometer to measure that white stuff you called snow.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(01-17-2015, 10:05 AM)DaveH Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 09:21 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Dave - what happened to the worlds most expensive log splitter?

Good question that Darren 17428

I had a large pile of wood to cut up  and split, I decided to cut and split the wood first then go back to the log splitter project not realizing how long it was going to take cutting and splitting the wood pile.

I understand I have a problem and I'm working on it, I just cannot drive past some wood (ready for the taking ) without taking it. I know it is an obsession and I am working on it. Smiley-dancenana . I even have people come round offering me wood.

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Dave you definitely have a problem with your logic! Hand splitting and then building the log splitter.........that my man makes no sense at all....especially brave of you to post that bit of thinking on a METAL working forum.

The creed should read....if there is any way to put off getting the actual work done by interrupting the work to build a tool then one must do it.

I have been able to put of work by building a tool so I could build another tool so I could buy more tooling to build a tool to the point where I forget what the original project was that I started all this building! Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2015, 12:23 AM)Black Forest Wrote: Dave you definitely have a problem with your logic!  Hand splitting and then building the log splitter.........that my man makes no sense at all....especially brave of you to post that bit of thinking on a METAL working forum.  
I have a small 6 ton hydraulic/electric log splitter Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I think he's making his wife do the work while he builds the splitter.

Ed
Thanks given by: