Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun
I went to Home Depot this morning to check out their tool rental department and ask about the miter saw. 1 day rental is $41.00 plus a $75.00 deposit. I asked if I could get my choice of blades to use and the answer was no. So I looked at the saw they had and it held a well used 60 tooth blade. Most of the printing on the side of the blade was worn off and had some burn marks on it. Didn't look very sharp. The guy said if I want to use a different blade I would have to buy one in the store. I looked at blades while I was there. The "better looking" 80 tooth fine cut blade was $65.00 plus tax. $41 + $75 + $65 = $181.00 to make a single cut on a stock..... I don't think so!  Yes, I would get the deposit back. But it takes them a week or two to get it back to you. So if I'm going to buy a blade anyway I searched the net and found the cheapest 12" sliding miter saw I could find. $177 shipped to my door. That's less than a Harbor Freight saw!!!!  Rotfl 

For as much as I'll use it, even being a "cheap cheerful Chinese" tool, it should last me forever..... if it works. I do have some window trim I'll need to replace next spring too.

p.s.
H.D. didn't have any razor saws either. Just junk Stanley (China) keyhole saws. Bleh
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question - by Highpower - 10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun - by Highpower - 10-20-2014, 01:22 PM