Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun
I don't do CL. There are news stories every week here about somebody that got robbed and murdered when they showed up for a CL deal. I tried selling a car several years ago on CL. Good grief what a nightmare. I had lunatics galore coming out of the woodwork. Never again.

Ed, I didn't mean end play on the blade (side to side). You're right, that would make any power saw useless and dangerous. I was talking about when rotating the blade. Sort of like having the change gears set too far apart on your lathe. You need to have a slight clearance between the gear teeth so they don't get too tight when the machine warms up. This saw was way too loose and sloppy in the gears and was clattering as it was running. I'm thinking it was dropped or something heavy was dropped on top of the box that slammed the blade into the bottom of the casting, resulting in the crack. Maybe that shifted/broke something in the gear drive as well? Who knows.

Amazon has already shipped another saw and it should arrive tomorrow. We'll see how that one checks out and I'll go from there....
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question - by Highpower - 10-18-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Customizing a field stock for a pump shotgun - by Highpower - 10-23-2014, 11:09 AM