Mule
Nice job of whittling!

Ed
Thanks given by: f350ca
Have the air cleaner and piping finished, a trailer hitch built and the exhaust system bored up. Just a couple of more little things then tear it down and paint.
I usually wash things like this down with water-soluble degreaser then pressure wash before painting, will have to see how it goes with just a solvent wipe.

[Image: IMG_1573.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1574.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
When Mules Fly

Getting ready to install a coat of paint tomorrow.

[Image: IMG_1575.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hi Greg , looking really good. You might already know this or be going to do it but when i have painted frame type things like this in the past I find the small rollers used for painting radiators etc with an roller say 1 inch round and 4 inches long do the job. The foam rollers start to go expanded after a bit depending on what paint you use but leave ok finish and cover fast. I normally do tricky parts with a brush or spray then roller into these areas.
  Good luck anyway , I hate painting things like this, no matter how many times you check just after you have washed brushes, roolers out you see a whole side of a part you missed Bash Rotfl

Cheers Mick. 
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Gave it a spray Mick, I hate brushing or rolling, like you said I always miss a spot, probably did with the gun on something this odd a shape. Enamel paint with a hardener added. I finished spraying a couple of hours ago and its  still tacky. Haven't used this particular brand of paint or hardener before. Nice shine but had hoped it would be setting by now.

[Image: IMG_1579.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1580.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
I can't believe how much you disassembled to paint it! That is dedication to quality, my friend.

Well done!
Thanks given by: f350ca
Hi Greg, looks like job done Drool. The only reason I thought you might not be spraying was most of the paint misses the object with frame type things and has to land somewhere and leaves a right mess. I notice you have lathes etc covered up..
  It looks spot on and it will be nice as you re fit parts knowig it all fits and will  be getting closer to having a  test drive.

I will be keeping everything crossed about the hardener Greg I have had a couple of horrors with stuff not drying over the years, hopefully its just slower than you are used to and your next report will be putting bits back together on the nice shiny frame . 
  I am looking forward to seeing it being tested.  
Cheers Mick
Thanks given by:
Well the paint is dry to the touch this morning but far from hard. Not sure the hardener did anything, think enamel on its own would be at this stage by now.
Mick I bought a high volume low pressure gun a while back and the difference in overspray is incredible. Up graded to a DeVilbiss one a year ago and its a joy to use. There's virually no paint on the floor below the frame when your done.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Hi Greg sounds like a good investment then , as normally spraying that would be a nightmare for overspray , hence the reason i have messed about with rollers etc in the first place. good to know they work so well . Glad your paint has dried, hope its hard enough for the build up to start soon Drool  

Cheers Mick.
Thanks given by:
Though slow to flash the paint seams to have hardened up nicely. The reassemble is going along well. Was over to a buddies automotive garage and had the new tires mounted. Wallyworld had a winter tire sale, got the front 13 inch tires for $20 each and the rear 14 inch ones for $30, couldn't get used ones for that.

[Image: _MG_8055.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by: