Welding Mask
if you feel that welding mask is ttoo expensive, may be you could try to only use welding glasses  Cool
but of course i don't recommend you welding glasses if your welding working is pretty hard to do
accounting software will help with your accounting work
Thanks given by:
A lot like Dr Stan, I’ve very anal about the equipment I use, I have 10-12 welding helmets, 2 ESAB fixed shade (shade 3 cutting lense, with a shade 7 overlay, giving a shade 10 result) helmet (rarely used) and the rest are Speedglas brand, a couple of the older 9000 series and the bulk of them are the Speedglas SL helmets. The SL stands for Super-Lite, the helmet, lense and headgear, weigh in at about 12 oz. The lite weight may not be a issue for a home shop guy or weekend warrior, but when welding 6-8 hours a day, it takes a lot of stress off off your head and neck, well worth the price.
jack
Thanks given by:
Prefer the Miller, it has two features I dig. One auto on and off, auto on with arc flash. Second is the X mode can weld in the sun light. No ambient light darkens the lens, responds to the arc and changes.

I had the 3M speedlas, the first hood I bought. As I'm a big believer in most of the 3M product line. I was not that impressed with the hood, not saying it's a bad hood.

The features mentioned  were the game changer. The one that put it over the top, and I did not discover it until owned the thing, the X mode very handy.

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
See the tig machine on the floor ? Notice the Speedglas hood hanging on the mig machine. After building the welding cart, and got the tig up and running. After 3 - 5 tries of puddle chasing, dipping the electrode and regrinding.

Flashing myself every other time I started to try my untrained hands using the tig machine. I soon realized there were to many dance steps to follow before striking the arc.

So the Speedglas with manual on/off was tossed ....... That was my path to the Miller hood...

Pep
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(10-15-2018, 07:00 AM)pepi Wrote: Prefer the Miller, it has two features I dig. One auto on and off, auto on with arc flash. Second is the X mode can weld in the sun light. No ambient light darkens the lens, responds to the arc and changes.

I had the 3M speedlas, the first hood I bought. As I'm a big believer in most of the 3M product line. I was not that impressed with the hood, not saying it's a bad hood.

The features mentioned  were the game changer. The one that put it over the top, and I did not discover it until owned the thing, the X mode very handy.

Pep

ESAB Sentinel for me great helmet very comfortable regards Stephen
Thanks given by: