Precision Mathews PM1440E-LB
Arvid,

Where is the Toll Gas located that you go to?

Thanks,
Ed
Thanks given by:
(12-22-2014, 12:44 PM)EdK Wrote: Arvid,

Where is the Toll Gas located that you go to?

Thanks,
Ed

The only facility that actually does service is the one in Plymouth ... Plymouth Headquarters, 3005 Niagara Lane N., Plymouth, MN  55447.

The other locations will accept it but then send it on their next truck to Plymouth.

They said they were about two weeks behind, plus only open three days this week so I don't expect to get it back until late in January. The MIG has a DC scratch start TIG on it but I have never tried to attach the torch to the machine. Plus I'd have to plumb the argon tank to the MIG. Too much hassle.

I may say the heck with it and just use the MIG. I would have done that in the first place but this is a reasonably small piece and I think the MIG has .045 wire in it and I was not in the mood to change the wire spool, drive rollers, hose and gun to something appropriate for the work. But I have a few days off at the end of this week so I guess that's what I will do.

Arvid
Thanks given by: EdK
Any news on your welder Arvid?

Ed
Thanks given by:
Just got the call this afternoon. I need to bring a truck and $2,147.48 to Toll Gas and I can have my welder back. According to them all of the main power supply components took a hike, which included the power board, two capacitors and two very robust [well maybe not so much] integrated power modules.

Anyway, they had it up, running and welding when they called.
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2015, 05:55 PM)arvidj Wrote: Just got the call this afternoon. I need to bring a truck and $2,147.48 to Toll Gas and I can have my welder back. According to them all of the main power supply components took a hike, which included the power board, two capacitors and two very robust [well maybe not so much] integrated power modules.

Yikes   Yikes   Yikes

Did you tell them to stick it?

Ed
Thanks given by:
Well that does seem a little rude. I at least expect dinner or a night out before being taken like that!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2015, 06:23 PM)EdK Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 05:55 PM)arvidj Wrote: Just got the call this afternoon. I need to bring a truck and $2,147.48 to Toll Gas and I can have my welder back. According to them all of the main power supply components took a hike, which included the power board, two capacitors and two very robust [well maybe not so much] integrated power modules.

Yikes   Yikes   Yikes

Did you tell them to stick it?

Ed

Ed, that is about what I would have expected. It's a $10,000 welder after all...
Willie
Thanks given by:
What model Miller is it?

Ed

EDIT: never mind. I found out it's a Miller Dynasty 350. The going price for a new one is about $6500.  Yikes
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2015, 10:30 PM)Highpower Wrote: Ed, that is about what I would have expected. It's a $10,000 welder after all...

OK, well that puts it into perspective. How old is the welder?

(01-14-2015, 11:31 PM)EdK Wrote: What model Miller is it?

Ed

An expensive one Ed Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(01-14-2015, 11:54 PM)Mayhem Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 11:31 PM)EdK Wrote: What model Miller is it?

Ed

An expensive one Ed Big Grin

You got that right. Especially after you add in the basic essentials (coolant pump, cart, etc.).

http://store.cyberweld.com/mitigwedy3501.html

Willie
Thanks given by: