Rotary Screw Air Compressor
TODAY.......I FINALLY, got my new rotary screw compressor wired and plumbed in.

All I can say is.......should have done this YEARS ago.

What a difference. First of all, it's incredibly quiet. Second of all, it fills the tank super fast!!

I still have to get the air lines sorted and permanently secured, plus add some additional drops throughout the shop, but for now, it's online and supplying quiet air to the shop.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! Despite the cost.......... [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: 20141125_132048_zpsoobnlkzt.jpg]

[Image: 20141125_132040_zpshl848yna.jpg]

Here's a little video of the two compressors in action.

There's a considerable echo in this video even though there is none is this room. Must have been the way perhaps the phone was held that made it sound that way.

This video was taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, awesome phone by the way!!!

The piston compressor is VERY loud, and the rotary screw compressor is very quiet, even though you may not think that watching this video.

When the piston compressor ran, you could hear it throughout the shop, and even with my office door closed it was difficult to hear people talking on the phone.

When the screw compressor runs, you don't hear it at all, and in fact have to purposely listen for it, to even realize it is on.

Best Regards,
Russ

Thanks given by:
Very nice Russ. I'm guessing this is the unit you were talking about when I visited. I know you said that you are using the tank on your old compressor as a storage tank but is there a small tank hidden in the yellow box as well? If not, I'm guessing you would have had to spend more on a tank or are these a supply on demand compressor? I know nothing about screw compressors (if you hadn't noticed Big Grin)
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: wrustle
(11-26-2014, 07:55 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Very nice Russ.  I'm guessing this is the unit you were talking about when I visited.  I know you said that you are using the tank on your old compressor as a storage tank but is there a small tank hidden in the yellow box as well?  If not, I'm guessing you would have had to spend more on a tank or are these a supply on demand compressor?  I know nothing about screw compressors (if you hadn't noticed Big Grin)

Hi Darren,

No tank in the Kaeser compressor, it is just a compressor that is all.  

That's what I'm using the old compressor for, as a storage tank.

The compressed air comes out of the Yellow unit (Kaeser), goes into the black tank, and from there goes into the refrigerated dryer (to the right of the Kaeser) before feeding another 60 gallon tank out in the shop.

And yes, this is what I was waiting for when you were here.

Best Regards,
Russ
Thanks given by:
Very nice Russ, does sound a lot quieter Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Sounds REALLY quiet! (or did I forget to turn the sound on while watching the video?) Blush

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
(11-27-2014, 07:55 AM)stevec Wrote: Sounds REALLY quiet! (or did I forget to turn the sound on while watching the video?) Blush

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004

Low battery on the hearing aid perhaps? Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
I think Russ is actually located at the North pole, near "Santa".  Chin 

He has ALL the cool toys!  Big Grin 
Willie
Thanks given by:
(11-27-2014, 07:55 AM)stevec Wrote: Sounds REALLY quiet! (or did I forget to turn the sound on while watching the video?) Blush

Rotfl

Smiley-eatdrink004

Ken (Pixman), came over to the shop yesterday 12-2-14.  Showed him the compressor.  He didn't even know it was running when we entered into the room and still found it hard to believe until we were right next to it. 

Well worth the cost!!

Later,
Russ
Thanks given by:
I'll testify that his new compressor is the quietest one I've ever heard!

One place I used to be employed had a bank of three Joy rotary screw compressors, and you weren't allowed in the room without hearing protection. Of course this one Russ has isn't of the same HP and air volume of those, but compared to ANY compressor I've heard (and that's plenty, given my job), it's by far the best I've seen or heard.

Great choice Russ! I hope it serves you well for a long time!

Ken
Thanks given by:
Congratulations! Just make sure you do the required maintenance on the unit. The oil/air separator is really important. Especially if you are going to use the air for plasma cutting. A little bit of oil in the air will wreak havoc on a plasma cut.
Thanks given by: