The Home Grown cutter Grinder
Nice, very nice Bill. Something to be proud of for sure.
Thanks given by:
I needed a radius cutting end mill with a .375 radius. It took a mere 15 minutes to cut this one from a broken .750 end mill. Not all that bad.

"Billy G"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
In the beginning this is what we had. 60% of this was scrapped or modified. These parts were given to me by a friend. He was going to throw them out. he did not know what they were from. Some research found they were part of a Tip lap honing machine..

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Etching the lines on the work Head with the Mill was time consuming.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Impressive work (as usual) Bill.   Cool 

Willie
Thanks given by:
Here the Spindle Tower was nearing completion. The tough part here was the alignment. Trying to get it all to balance for smooth transition made alignment during construction a real PITA.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 08:34 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: At some point I am going to have to sit down and do a set Ed. I am a seat of the pants Machinist. The project is in my head and comes together as I go along.

"Billy G"

Interesting, as that's the approach most sculptors use.
Thanks given by: Bill Gruby
I have these prints for the Work head. No dimensions on them.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
I do not now or ever claimed to know the electrical end of machinery. I hate that part. The reason why is a long story. I needed plenty of help with this part. It's as neat as I could get it. The power cord still needs to be added here. The box it all fits in was in house made.

"Billy G"

Thanks given by:
Howdy Bill,

Thanks for posting this. I have two completely unrelated questions, perhaps both silly.

Could you grind arbor-type involute gear cutters?

Can you tell me how you achieved the paint/finish on the non-contact parts?

Thanks,
-- dunn
Thanks given by: