Project Clamp Knurling Tool
I finished off the knurl holders today.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looks like your having fun with the new toy.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2016, 04:13 PM)f350ca Wrote: Looks like your having fun with the new toy.

I sure am Greg. I'm getting more comfortable with running it. I'm learning to push it closer to its limits and that speeds up things a lot.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2016, 04:07 PM)EdK Wrote: I finished off the knurl holders today.

Ed

Well that didn't take long Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: EdK
Got as far as I could with the back plate. The corner rounding bit should be here in a few days. On to the mounting bracket while I figure out how I'm going to cut out the 3 x 7 inch piece I need for the body from a 15 x 18 inch plate of .75" aluminum. I'm thinking of getting a metal cutting blade for my reciprocating saw and use that.  Chin

Ed

Thanks given by:
Very nice Ed and very nicely chamfered threaded holes Thumbsup Smiley-signs107 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: EdK
Ed, don't you have a bandsaw you can use? If not, do you have a jigsaw? Put it in a vise, turn the blade around (metal cutting, of course) and use the flat of the jigsaw as a table. Just like a scroll saw without the upper blade support, but it's a stronger blade anyway.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 05:40 PM)Vinny Wrote: don't you have a bandsaw you can use?

I do but it won't hold that big of a plate of aluminum. That 15 x 18 x 3/4" plate of aluminum is heavy! I might give it a try though because that would definitely be the quickest way to cut it.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yours didn't come with a detachable table? Mine did, but I have no idea where it is. The screws that held it down were crap so I put it "somewhere safe".
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 06:10 PM)Vinny Wrote: Yours didn't  come with a detachable table?  Mine did, but I have no idea where it is.  The screws that held it down were crap so I put it "somewhere safe".

Yea, but it's tiny. It wouldn't hold that big plate of aluminum. I may try it anyway though. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by: