Another woodcarved sitting hare
Hi everyone, I have just finished carving a second 'Moongazer' hare , so thought I would post a few photos.
    Its carved in Lime wood again but this time not spalted so easier to carve, its has varied a bit from the first one, mainly its got longer rear legs and bigger rear feet. Due to the wood being stronger without the spalting on this one I did not fit it to a base, I felt the feet could have snapped off the first one, if it took a knock  without the base to support them.
 This is the stage that I remembered to take photos, all the carving and sanding more or less done except for doing the eyes and the toes.
 [Image: Harecarving2nd001.jpg]
 Eyes carved in
[Image: Harecarving2nd009.jpg]
 Toes carved
[Image: Harecarving2nd021.jpg]
 Sanded and waxed
[Image: Harecarving2nd027.jpg]

[Image: Harecarving2nd028.jpg]
  Sitting next to the mark 1 version , there is bits I like better on both versions so maybe a third one would combine all the best bits lol.
[Image: Harecarving2nd038.jpg]

[Image: Harecarving2nd040.jpg]
[Image: Harecarving2nd041.jpg]
  Well that was the last carving of 2014 , lets hope there are plenty more in 2015. All the best to everyone for a Happy and Healthy 2015.
 Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
That is very nice Mick
You know what I do with wood lol
All the best for 2015
John
Thanks given by:
well dun mick
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
I think they are absolutely beautiful. Thumbsup Worthy 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Museum quality. Graemlin
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2015, 10:42 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: Museum quality. Graemlin

Nice work "Bob"?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Smiley-signs107 OK apparently I selected the wrong icon.  Hope this one is better.
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the comments lads, glad people liked them. Dr Stan the thought was there lol so thank you too.

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by: