Project X Power Feed
Ken,

I plan on doing some rounding of the edges. Now that I know it all fits together properly I can work on making it prettier.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed - not a criticism but a question: is there any reason you didn't make it out of a single piece? I'm guessing it was what you had in "inventory" but curious if there is another reason.

Either way it is a beautiful bit of work.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK
Looking good Ed, glad to read that you plan to round those edges.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: EdK
(02-09-2015, 05:10 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Ed - not a criticism but a question: is there any reason you didn't make it out of a single piece?  I'm guessing it was what you had in "inventory" but curious if there is another reason.

Either way it is a beautiful bit of work.

As you surmised, inventory dictated what I used.  Smile
Well, also I'm following Henry's method and he used a two piece design.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 07:15 AM)stevec Wrote: Looking good Ed, glad to  read that you plan to round those edges.

Ya, those corner are sharp. I think I may taper the sides inward a bit also.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, it would be good if you had a power feed to do those corners and tapers. Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2015, 10:33 AM)stevec Wrote: Ed, it would be good if you had a power feed to do those corners and tapers. Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

Rotfl

Kind of like needing a welding table to make a welding table.

Ed
Thanks given by: