Project X Power Feed
I've got a set of those, never had a lot of luck getting them to hold. hope yours hold better then the ones I have.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: EdK
Should work fine Ed, Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
I'd be interested in hearing how they work. Have thought about buying a set. In the past I've turned a shaft to the size I need, drill and thread the end for a pipe plug then split it on the band saw.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I've decided not to use the expanding arbor. Instead I'm going to bore the hole to size and then make an arbor to match the bore. I'll tap a hole for a bolt in the end of the arbor to hold the piece on. That's how I've done it in the past and it's worked well.

Ed
Thanks given by:
What a stringy mess. My lathe is so dirty I'm ashamed to take a picture of it. Anyway, I got some more done on the power feed today.

Ed

The stringy mess.

The culprit.

The result, a nice fit.

Thanks given by:
Ya, if my lathe ever got that dirty I'd never take a photo either.
Nice machining by the way.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
(02-01-2015, 05:42 PM)f350ca Wrote: Ya, if my lathe ever got that dirty I'd never take a photo either.

Rotfl     5176

Ed
Thanks given by:
You guys should be ashamed when you have a CLEAN machine, not a dirty one!

Ed, why are there blocks between the work piece and the chuck jaws rather than just copper or brass shims? Did you need the back of the part clear for a big through hole or something?
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 08:15 PM)PixMan Wrote: You guys should be ashamed when you have a CLEAN machine, not a dirty one!

Rotfl guilty as charged.

(02-01-2015, 08:15 PM)PixMan Wrote: Ed, why are there blocks between the work piece and the chuck jaws rather than just copper or brass shims? Did you need the back of the part clear for a big through hole or something?

The opposing jaws wouldn't close enough to clamp the part, they ran into the other jaws, so I had to add some packing material.

Ed
Thanks given by:
you could turn those two around
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue