Got A Compressor
(05-04-2015, 08:48 AM)Mayhem Wrote: ...

Do you have a link to the kit you are currently using arvid?

Smiley-signs009

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2015, 02:40 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Well you do need to select a suitable sized solenoid valve.  No point putting a 1/8" on a 1/2" neck...

Point taken Darren, but this was on an industrial rotary screw compressor and nothing on it was under-sized, I can assure you. Smile
[Image: SP-30DG-CDD-series-compressor.jpg]
The Harbor Freight auto drain is tied into the unloader line I believe and pops open to drain when the compressor stops running. Correct me if I'm wrong Vinny / Arvid....  Blush
Willie
Thanks given by:
That was my understanding too Willie.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I would have included the link in the original post but I was at work and on my iPhone and therefore a little limited in functionality.

This is the one I have http://www.ecompressedair.com/drain-valv...0-psi.aspx

Here is the installation ... strange ... it is correctly oriented when I uploaded it ...

The compressor is right next to the laundry tub so it 'exhausts' into the stack pipe for the tub drain.

Here are closer shots of the drain ...

I see that I actually mounted and plumbed it so I could turn the valve off and clean the filter without draining all the air out of the tank. I must have been thinking ahead when I installed it ... which is why I have never actually had to use it.

Arvid
Thanks given by: EdK , Mayhem
Just the thumbnail image is rotated. If you click on the thumbnail image the full sized image is oriented correctly.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Your right (of course) Ed, but at the 3264 x 1836 size it's still pretty un-viewable for me. Ouch
Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2015, 06:41 AM)stevec Wrote: Your right (of course) Ed, but at the 3264 x 1836 size it's still pretty un-viewable for me. Ouch
Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

Steve,

Switch to Firefox. Then you can click on the large image and it will resize it to fit your screen. I'm not sure if IE has that feature.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ed, I'm learning that IE has more detractions than attractions.

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Sorry about the size issue. One as using my Andriod tablet to read and edit the thread and it was the first time I had used the camera to take the pictures. I didn't realize how big they were because 'the fit the tablet screen nicely' :-}

I'll resize them before posting in the future.
Thanks given by:
I'm OK the way you were Arvidj.
Ed, I'm on Firefox now and it seems to have cleared up my problem with having to click twice to select posts. Thumbsup 

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Thanks given by: