Carriage stop
Made a hard and soft stop for my lathe. I had made a soft stop previously but thought a hard stop would be more useful so I made one that did both. 

[Image: image.jpg]

Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
Looks very smart Job Shawn Drool Drool  , lovely looking knurls , well done .
  Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi well dun i need to mack one for my lathe to
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice work Shawn
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I like it! Nice knurls but kudos for the form of the lever as well. It's not easy to get a shape like that, very deliberate effort required.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, I was pretty happy with how it came out despite not having any sort of plan ? I got lucky but really need to start planning my projects out a bit more. The handle profile was cut with my homebuilt radius cutter. I'm finally starting to get the patients required for adding the small details that make a big difference.
Thanks given by:
Nice job Shawn. I like the dual duty aspect of it.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom, I was actually planning to make the carriage stop you designed for the Atlas lathe. like I said though, I gotta get better at following through on the plan ? I needed a vise stop for my little cnc mill today so I spent a few hours on this, never did get around to the original project.

Thanks given by:
Big Grin 
(01-26-2015, 09:00 AM)PixMan Wrote: I like it! Nice knurls but kudos for the form of the lever as well. It's not easy to get a shape like that, very deliberate effort required.

What are you talking about not easy to get a shape like that............everytime I turn a shaft I get some variation of that!
Thanks given by: